UPDATE (1/4/2014): Here is an updated link to Asiana’s routes with Quadra Smartium service. Right now, the following routes have Quadra Smartium seats:
- New York (OZ 222/221)
- San Francisco (OZ 212/211)
- Los Angeles (OZ 204/203)
- London (OZ 522/521)
- Osaka (OZ 112/111)
- Ho Chi Minh (OZ 735/736 4 times per week)
Asiana Airlines is well-known for having a great soft product, but the hard product on business class is not so great (i.e. not lie flat) unless you’re flying the new Quadra Smartium product.
What are the routes that fly this product? The best place to check for this information is the Asiana website. They list different routes by aircraft configuration, so you can see if the route you want is generally serviced by Quadra Smartium seats.
Currently (as of June 26, 2013), these routes have Quadra Smartium Seats:
- Chicago OZ 236/235 (all flights)
- Narita OZ 104/103 (1x per week); OZ 108/107 (2x per week)
- Ho Chi Minh OZ 735/736 (3x per week)
- San Francisco OZ 214/213 (all flights)
- Los Angeles OZ 204/203 (all flights)
- London OZ 522/521 (all flights)
- Osaka OZ 112/111 (all flights)
- Beijing OZ 333/334 (2x per week)
- Bangkok OZ 741/742 (1x per week)
- Taipei OZ 711/712 (3x per week)
It’s important to note that, like all airlines, Asiana has been known to swap aircraft on routes, so you might not get Quadra Smartium even though you’re flying out of SFO, but you have a good chance of getting the new product. Another caveat is that this schedule is only valid until July 22, 2013, at which point New York JFK will have the new first class suites and Quadra Smartium business class 7 days a week.